This salad boasts a lot of flavor with out any heavy dressings. You might have to purchase things like fish sauce, or sesame oil, but they aren’t terribly expensive. Plus, you will then have them on hand and can start experimenting more with these types of flavors if you haven’t already.
1 cucumber, large
1 medium red bell pepper
2T red onion
4T cashews, toasted, chopped
1T red chili paste
2T Rice wine vinegar
1/2T apple cider vinegar
2T Olive Oil
1/4Tsp fish sauce
1/2T sesame oil
1 Bunch fresh cilantro
- Chop cucumber into 1/2-inch pieces. You can peel it if you prefer. I like the peel on. Chop one red medium bell pepper in 1/4-1/2-inch pieces. Mince 2T of Onion. Combine all veggies into a large bowl.
- Lightly toast the cashews, then roughly chop them and add to the bowl.
- In another small, bowl or jar with a lid add all of the remaining liquid ingredients together. Do not add the cilantro yet. Whisk everything together or shake it in the jar.
- Our over the veggies and toss to combine.
- Top with cilantro. Garnish with a lime wedge. Serve chilled.
Note: add feta on top if you want to add a creamy texture.