Of course you can buy ice tea. You can also buy ice tea or any flavored ice tea – have you ever looked at the ingredients on the label? I mean half of the stuff you can’t even pronounce. And, the other half are disguised sugar additives. The hardest part about making your own ice tea is the time it takes for your tea to chill after it has brewed.
Nothing says summer time like fresh brewed ice tea. Add a few peaches and now you have fresh peach ice tea.
5 tea bags – English or Black Tea
6 Peaches – sliced
8 cups or 64oz of water
1 cup sugar (optional)
- Wash, slice and remove the pits from the peaches.
- In a large pot on medium-low heat, add 64oz of water and 5 tea bags. Allow this to steep for 30 minutes on low heat. Do not boil.
- Remove the tea bags from the water, add the peaches and the sugar. Allow these to simmer for 45 minutes. The sugar will dissolve and the peaches will begin to break down. Muddle the peaches in the mixture on low heat throughout the cooking process.
- Turn off the heat and allow the tea to cool for about 20minutes
- Strain the tea and peaches over a pitcher. Muddle the peaches with a wooden spoon or muddler against the side of the strainer to release the extra peach flavors still in the skins and pulp.