Cheeeeeeese! Yes, please. Goat cheese to be exact. Mix it up with a little cream cheese, form little balls, roll it in some crispy bacon with toasted/chopped nuts and stick a toothpick in it. Yep, it is that easy.
8oz Goat Cheese
4oz Cream Cheese
3 Slices of Bacon
3/4 cup Pecans, toasted
A few turns of fresh cracked pepper
- Bring your goat and cream cheese to room temperature before mixing. It will make it easier to combine.
- Crisp up your bacon. You want crunchy, not burnt, unless your into that. At the same time toast your pecans. Toast, not charr.
- Combine goat and cream cheese into a bowl with a bit of black pepper. Mix until smooth and combined.
- Mince the crispy bacon and pecans into small pieces. Or if your fancy enough to have a food processor, give it a whirl.
- I prefer a smaller balls, about 1 Tablespoon worth. Use a spoon or scoop to keep your goat balls consistent. Scoop a bit out and roll it in you hands to form the little ball shapes.
- Roll your balls into the bacon-nut mix.
- Stick a pick in it. Boom. Perfection.