I simply couldn’t resist an avocado pun!
These devilish little babes are the prefect party appetizer or even to make ahead and snack on. This recipe incorporates your classic deviled egg with avocado, a few crunchy ingredients and little spice.
12 Eggs, hard boiled
2 Avocados, medium
1 Tablespoon super-finely chopped celery
1/4 Tablespoon cilantro dust
1T of Lime Juice
Pinch of salt
Pinch of garlic powder
Fresh cracked pepper
Chili powder for topping
- Boil your eggs. Everyone claims their own trick. Mine — fill your sauce pot with cold water. Add the eggs. Turn your burner on med-high. As soon as it starts to boil, turn the heat to low and put a lid on. Let simmer for 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat and run the eggs under cold water. Eggs peel best when they are FULLY chilled.
- While your eggs are gettin’ busy, you can prep their new guts. Super-finely, and I mean super fine, mince your celery into little bitty pieces. Also, continue to chop your cilantro until it turns into pixy dust. The tiniest little cilantro pieces you have ever seen. You’ll thank me later for this.
- When you eggs are completely chilled, cut them in half and scoop out the yolk. Reserve 5 yolks to add in the next step.
- Cut open the avocados and scoop the meat into a bowl. Add the lime juice, all the spices, except the chili powder. Add the celery, cilantro dust, and 5 egg yolks. Mix. It. Up.
- I then put the mix into a plastic bag to pipe it into the halved hard boiled eggs, but you could also use a small scoop directly out of the bowl into the eggs.
- Top with chili powder. Paprika works too, but I enjoy the chili flavor more :).